Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A different world

Clinton wins Ohio big and edges out Obama in the Texas primary--so it appears my remarks from an earlier post were prescient:
I don't know if I'm quite...certain...that Hillary can't pull off a victory without the aid of an Obama slip-up... big wins in Ohio and Texas would light a fire underneath her operation and the media (for once) would be on her side with its "comeback kid" narrative. It'd be a different world: Clinton would be headed into a brokered convention with a full head of steam.
For Obama supporters who were looking to finish this thing tonight, it was a bit of a blow. It looks like this primary is going all the way to the convention.

Some are taking it worse than others--Andrew Sullivan, for instance, has turned to drink:
I just had a Jager shot, and hope to get drunk very soon. So this is my last post of the night. Here's what I'll do in the morning: find out who won the most delegates in the March 4 states, and check someone else's math (yes, I'm not going to get it wrong myself) to see who subsequently has the numbers to win. And then take a deep breath. And say what I think. Right now, emotion clouds the mind. Oh, and Jager.
Yikes. I'll probably just end up sending another small wad of cash Obama's way...

Sigh.

No comments: