Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hair of the dog

For those of you who, like me, are treating the election crack withdrawal with...more crack, Phil suggests an excellent article from usually-insipid Newsweek. Phil sez:

So far, three of the seven parts are available, and they're kind of everything I've been wanting -- intriguingly candid moments from within the campaigns. For example, here's this little tidbit: "At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, 'The torch is being passed to you.' 'A chill went up my spine,' Obama told an aide. The funeral, he said, was 'pretty intimidating.'"

Awesome!


I liked this part:

I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' Instead of being appropriately [the tape is garbled]. So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f–––ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

The f-bomb! Never thought I'd see Obama drop it on the record...

No comments: