Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting old

A must-read post from Kottke. Actually it reminds me of a realization that Chris D'Anna and I once had, which is that when we are elderly and passing time in some old folk's home many years from now, the "old man" activities will include playing lots of video games. So, picture 80 year old me playing Mega Man II (and perhaps operating under the dimensia-induced delusion that I am at Raja's house circa 1990). Weird.

By the way everyone: let's all kick it at the same old folks home when we get old! That way we can all play video games with each other.

EDIT: Raja didn't have Nintendo, come to think back on it. So maybe amend "Mega Man II" to "NHLPA 94", and "circa 1990" to "circa 1994".

2 comments:

Alex said...

That's a really good idea. That's, like, infinite fun. Much better than real-murder mafia, actually.

Unknown said...

yeah, i think once we establish the Awesomest Old Folks Home, we should have the option of either playing video games all day, or playing Ultimate (real-murder) Mafia. That way, when I finally beat Chronotrigger, I can be like, "Fuck it. I'm done. Mafia time."