Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 and 0 do it again go cha cha dodgers

A very satisfying Dodger victory. One or two things:
  • The last few weeks I've been walking around town with my Dodgers cap on, and, man--Bay Area people really hate the Dodgers. And, you know, that's fine. But then it turns out that every Bay Area person's favorite basketball team is--you guessed it--the Lakers. Everybody here loves the Lakers! I'm never sure whether to hit them over the head with this consistency or graciously accept their love for at least one LA team.
  • A guest blogger for Ackerman has a really good Moneyball-style pwn of LaRussa, explaining why reliever Ryan Franklin's ERA made him look a lot better than he actually was. This is satisfying, because I got really sick of everyone saying how LaRussa was going to out-manage us in this series.
On to the NLCS.

UPDATE: Harinder sez,

I think the Lakers love is because so many Bay Area residents are SoCal transplants. I just wanted to state my "Fuck the Lakers!" here for the record.

Nope! All the Bay Area Laker fans I'm talking about are born-and-raised Bay Area-ers. The reason why they love the Lakers is because they are weak-ass bandwagon fans who just couldn't commit to an abusive, no-championship relationship with the Warriors.

Your "fuck the Lakers" is hereby noted. Also: I've sent Kobe to rape you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the Lakers love is because so many Bay Area residents are SoCal transplants. I just wanted to state my "Fuck the Lakers!" here for the record.