Monday, December 15, 2008

Divine Right of Kennedys

Caroline Kennedy--who has never run for public office, has led a life largely in seclusion from the public eye, and who basically is a nobody with a not-nobody family--has decided that she will deign to be appointed Senator for the state of New York as Hillary Clinton's replacement.

I have no idea what kind of Senator Caroline Kennedy would be. But the idea of this person having such a sense of entitlement that she seriously thinks she deserves to be appointed to a seat in the Senate because the blood of the Kennedys flows through her veins is just too much. If Caroline Kennedy wants to start a career in politics, that's just fine--but she'll have to do it the old-fashioned way: by making a name for herself, and winning an election.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more. It makes me sick that Paterson will even entertain her appointmet with so many career politicians who will do something and that what this country needs. If she is appointed, I assure you Patersons hidden bank account on some foriegn island will grow. This whole idea ridicles the populus of NYS abd sickens me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You said it. I don't care if she's secretly awesome and totally skilled at politics (though I find that unlikely from what I know about her), the sense of entitlement is gross. Plus, she's often been quoted as saying things along the lines of, "I realized if I don't do it now..." as though it's some sort of duty on her part to be famous and powerful. Ugh. Also, while I'm sure her beliefs are nothing to worry about, I'm curious to see if the PUMAs will come out on her behalf based on her XX qualification alone...